The BRC created Fund in order to raise money to victims of disasters, accidents and catastrophes. We are not able to predict the occurrence of natural disasters, but we can help immediately. Let's do it now!
Each donated BGN can change someone’s destiny!
The Bulgarian Red Cross is a voluntary organization, part of the International Red Cross Movement. Through its network of volunteers across the country, the organization supports vulnerable people affected by disaster and crisis situations. Through its activities in favor of society the Red Cross prevent suffering, protect life and health.
In partnership and coordination with state authorities, local government and non-governmental organizations, the Bulgarian Red Cross works actively to provide immediate assistance to victims of disasters and crises.
In recent years, the BRC has provided funding from Bulgarian and foreign donors and has supported over 60 000 victims of floods, fires and others with food and non-food items of first need such as: water, food, clothing, household equipment, products for disinfection and hygiene and others.
If you would like to join us and help people in need:
FUND FOR SUPPORTING VICTIMS OF DISASTERS AND CRISES
IBAN in BGN: BG47 UNCR 7630 1077 9117 00
3, Kaloyan Str., 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria
Assistance provided by the BRC for victims of disasters and crises in Bulgaria and abroad:
- nepal_campaign, 2015;
- floods_bulgaria2014 in Bulgaria, 2014 ;
- Floods in Balkans, 2014;
- Humanitarian assistance to asylum-seekers in the country in 2013; in the early days of the crisis we have helped 1500 refugees; after activation of the “Fund for immediate assistance" of the IFRC/RC, the BRC received financial assistance of 172 725 CHF. We provided assistance to over 2,500 refugees. See more - refujees_campaign
- Terrorist act at Burgas Airport against Israeli citizens on July 18, 2012 - In the first hours after the bombing in Burgas, the Bulgarian Red Cross set up a team of staff and volunteers of the local organization. Israeli citizens were assisted with water, food and medical care. Psychologists - volunteers of the Red Cross provided psychosocial support to more than 200 citizens that at this time were at Sarafovo Airport. We provided logistical support to the representatives of the Magen David Adom.
- Following the devastating explosions with human victims in June 2012 at an ammunition depot near the village Lozenets, Municipality Straldja, the Regional councils of the BRC – Sliven and Yambol provided immediate support to the affected population in the first hours of the disaster. Red Cross teams provided psychological assistance and psychosocial support to more than 60 people.
- donation_pernik, 2012;
- harmanli_floods, 2012;
- japan, 2011;
- pakistan_campaign, 2010;
- haiti_campaign, 2010;
- Providing psycological assist accident victims near Yambol, Bulgaria, 2009;
- Floods in Bulgaria, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008;
- Floods in Romania, 2005;
- The earthquake and tsunami in Southeast Asia, 2004;
- Terrorist act in Beslan, 2004;
- Tragic incident with the children from Svishtov, 2004;
- Incident with the ship Hera;
- Earthquakes in Algeria and Bam (Iran), 2003;
- Floods in Central and Eastern Europe, 2002;
- Severe winter in Albania, 2002;
- Floods in Bosnia and Herzegovina, 2001;
- Crisis in Macedonia, 2001;
- Kosovo crisis, 1999;
- Earthquakes in Turkey, 1999.