In 2005, on the occasion of June 1 – the International Children's Day, empathize with the problems of road accidents, several institutions joined forces to help victims of road traffic accidents. Driven by the desire to support most innocent victims of the "war" on the roads and to alleviate their suffering, the Bulgarian Red Cross, Chief Department of Traffic Police, the Union of the Bulgarian Automobilists, the Bulgarian Football Union and the Bulgarian Professional Football League initiated the establishment of the National charity fund for supporting children – victims of road traffic accidents.
The parties signed an agreement on cooperation in the prevention of road accident and to initiate periodic charitable and fundraising campaigns to provide financial support for the treatment and rehabilitation of children victims of road traffic accidents.
Today members of the Fund are also: Chief Department of Traffic Police of the Ministry of Interior, State-Public Consultative Commission on Safety Issues, the Bulgarian Football Union, the Bulgarian Professional Football League, the Ministry of Transport, Information Technology and Communications , the Ministry of Health, the Association of Car Manufacturers and their Authorized Representatives for Bulgaria, Bulgarian State Agency for Road Safety, Lev Ins Insurance Company, The Health Insurance Institute AD, the Bulgarian Association of People Insured Against and Victims in Road Accidents, Medical center- Bulmedica Ltd .
Under the motto “To save children on the road”, the partners in the Fund organize joint charitable fundraising initiatives that are distributed twice a year to the families of the children-victims of traffic accidents. From its establishment in 2005 up to now, the Bulgarian Red Cross has supported over 879 families of children-victims of road accidents with 516 877 BGN.
The Fund also works actively in preventing road accidents and protecting the lives and health of Bulgarian children. Through the partners’ joint efforts lessons in road safety and first aid, quizzes on traffic rules, bicycle competitions and others, are organized.
Initiatives and campaigns:
• Charity football match featuring football stars of the World Cup in 1994;
• Charity Concert entitled "To Monique with love" aiming to raise funds to support the treatment of children injured in road accidents;
• Charity Auction with art exhibits under the patronage of the Minister of Finance of Bulgaria;
• Telemarketing and direct mail campaign;
• Product campaign of the BRC and "Petrol" JSC;
• Charity campaign with cards sold in gas stations "Lukoil";
• Deductions from tuition fees and fund raising through charity boxes - " Doris Tenedi " – private school member of Care Partners Network of the Bulgarian Red Cross;
• Payroll monthly donations from employees’ salaries of UniCredit Bulbank, Ministry of Interior of Bulgaria and Bulgarian Red Cross;
• Bulgarian Red Cross, Coca-Cola HBC Bulgaria, LevIns and OMV Bulgaria joint campaign
• The Glass-House
• Initiative for prevention traffic accidents “Dress you up colorful ! Save your life on the road! ” - in partnership with United Colors of Benetton.
• National fundraising campaign “We can do more together”
Our efforts are only a small part of what we can do together for the health and lives of the victims of traffic accidents.
Bulgarian Red Cross - Public Relations and Fundraising Dept.
tel:+359 2 49 23 059
tel: +359 2 49 23 059
You can support "NATIONAL CHARITY FUND FOR SUPPORTING CHILDREN, VICTIMS OF TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS"
by online donation
or by Bank Transfer:
IBAN in BGN: BG64UNCR 7630 1077 1341 33
Bank: UniCredit Bulbank